A new revision to “Freedom Summer” is now available! Go to the link below and follow these instructions to download the FREE “ARIS” App in the iTunes App Store.
10 Easy Steps to play the Freedom Summer Game
- On your iOS device, go to http://apple.co/1DHzEt6 and install the ARIS app.
- After installing the app, tap on the ARIS icon to launch it.
- You will see a window saying “ARIS would like to use your current location” – tap on OK.
- Tap on “Create Account” – enter a new ARIS ID, a password, and your email address; then tap on the Next button.
- You will see a screen that says “Take your public player image” and you might see a pop-up that says “ARIS would like to access your photos” – if so, tap on OK.
- Turn-off your device’s wireless as the game works better with your 3G/4G data connection.
- On the screen that says Public Name and Image, enter your name as you would like for it to appear in the game. Tap on “Done” and then “Save.”
- Tap on the Search button and type/search for “Freedom Summer”
- On the following screen, press the “New Game” button
- You’re ready to go!
The name of the tour will be “Freedom Summer”. Start at Clawson Hall on Western Drive/Western Campus. The App uses GPS technology so it can only be played on that location.
We also invite you to watch this 3 minute tutorial: